Princess Beatrice looks downcast on day dad Prince Andrew is cut adrift from Royal life

PRINCESS Beatrice was pictured looking downcast in Chelsea today as her dad is cut adrift from Royal life. Prince Andrew, 61, has been stripped of..

title

PRINCESS Beatrice was pictured looking downcast in Chelsea today as her dad is cut adrift from Royal life.

Prince Andrew, 61, has been stripped of his royal patronages and military titles after the Queen held an hour-long summit with Charles and William at Windsor Castle.



Princess Beatrice was spotted out shopping with baby Sienna in Chelsea

Beatrice kept a low profile as she had a coffee and looked at the sales

Andrew has been stripped of his royal patronages and military titles

Beatrice was seen keeping a low profile as she picked up a coffee and looked at the sales with her baby on the King’s Road in West London on Friday.

Her dad is facing a possible sex-case trial in the US and sources say he will never again return to public life.

Her Majesty reportedly made the decision to strip him of his HRH title on Wednesday after a meeting with her eldest son and the Duke of Cambridge.

Her decision came less than 24 hours after New York judge Lewis Kaplan ruled Andrew must face a civil trial on allegations he ­sexually abused Virginia Roberts Giuffre when she was 17.

Andrew, who vehemently denies the accusations, will now have to face his trial as an ­ordinary citizen.

A source close to Andrew said he will battle on in his civil case with Ms Giuffre.

Andrew is seeking an out-of-court settlement for Ms Giuffre. It could be up to £10million — the amount he will get from selling his chalet in Verbier, Switzerland.

Royal experts said Beatrice and a number of other royal figures close to the Duke but not involved in the case could be called to give evidence if it goes to court.


🔵
Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates

William was reportedly a key figure in the judgement to remove Andrew’s royal patronages and military titles, and helped his grandmother realise his position was “grave”.

Both he and Charles are said to be in complete agreement that Andrew must go – and were “completely furious” after he “crossed a red line”, The Celeb Report exclusively reported.

Andrew, who looked ashen-faced as he was driven in to see his mother, is understood to have been stunned by the move.

Insiders said the decision to reduce the royal — often called her “favourite son” — to a “private citizen” was one of the hardest in the Queen’s 70 years on the throne.

It follows talks within the family about the growing problem of the “Andrew issue”.

Her Majesty summoned him to Windsor Castle before effectively kicking him out of the Royal Family during a highly emotional 90-minute summit.

In a bombshell statement at 5pm yesterday Buckingham Palace said: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s ­military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.

“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

The Celeb Report understands the Queen personally worded the statement and was determined not to allow any emotional sentiment into it.

It means he is stripped of 12 military titles which had been held in abeyance after he stepped down from duties in November 2019 after his car-crash BBC Newsnight interview.

He loses his honorary roles of Colonel of the Grenadier Guards and RAF Air Commodore with immediate effect.

ROYAL PATRONAGES STRIPPED

He will no longer be entitled to wear their uniforms at Cenotaph memorials and the upcoming thanksgiving service for his late father Prince Philip.

Andrew, a Navy helicopter pilot in the Falklands War, will still be allowed to wear his medals like other veterans.

He was also stripped of dozens of royal patronages for golf clubs, universities, yacht clubs, sports associations, medical institutions, charities and art establishments.

However, he retains his rank of Vice Admiral in the Navy, which was handed to him in 2015 after he retired in 2001.

He is also believed to have retained his Order of the Garter bestowed on him in June 2014.

As one of the Queen’s four children he stays as Counsellor of State — so he can step in for her if she is unable to perform her duties due to illness or absence abroad.

And Andrew faces the further humiliating prospect of being kicked out of his 31-bedroom Georgian mansion and losing his police protection.

In 2003, he signed a 75-year lease at Royal Lodge for a one-off fee of £1million to the Crown Estate — the equivalent of around £250 a week.

Andrew has spent £7.5million refurbishing the property, including the addition of an indoor swimming pool.

Royal Lodge, which would be worth at least £30million on the open market, is three miles from Windsor Castle and was the Queen Mother’s old home.

Andrew’s former wife Sarah Ferguson is also living in the mansion although the couple are believed to have separate wings.

If he is booted out, the prince could move into Harry and Meghan’s old gaff at Frogmore Cottage, as their lease runs out in April.

His downgrading could also mean he loses his 24-hour police protection — and must pay for security himself.



Prince Andrew’s military and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen

The Celeb Report understands the Queen personally worded the statement